Weddings at Winkston
"teeny weeny weddings"
Would you like a small, intimate wedding? Are you hopeful for a wedding on a reduced budget but with all the personal touches you have dreamed of? Then look no further than ‘Weddings at Winkston’.
We are a small family run business situated in the heart of the Scottish Borders just a few miles from Peebles, a lovely country town with great shops, restaurants, pubs and a theatre. We are on a main bus route to Edinburgh. We can help you to plan your perfect day, providing a choice of venues in beautfiul surroundings on our family farm. We will take care of all the details to allow you both to relax and enjoy your day, exactly as you wish.
Our Wedding Venues
Dry Stane Circle
A characterful dry stone circle viewpoint with seating , positioned high on our hilltop, surrounded by the sounds of nature.
This venue boasts spectacular views with the Pentland Hills to the north and the beautiful Tweeddale Valley to the South. Indeed this is a very private and intimate setting to enjoy your own special moments of your wedding ceremony.
Original Stone Cart Shed
Our original stone built cart shed where we can offer a more sheltered ceremony, seated on straw bales, decorated with beautiful flowers and atmospheric candle lit lanterns.
The perfect option for your special intimate day.
Add that special touch...
- Pony hire with white rose garland (perfect as a bridesmaid or for photographs)
- A piper to add the extra Scottish touch
- Local hairdressers and beauticians who will come to your cottage on your wedding day
- Wedding breakfast at any local restaurant for you and your guests
- Extra flowers or button holes
- We can offer extra accommodation for guests if needed.
- Our local Registry Office can offer you advice on the legal requirements. It takes around 4 weeks minimum to plan and arrange the necessary paper work.